Thursday, December 22, 2011

The millionth DIY cake stand

Hey guys and girls, I thought I would go ahead and post about the original, great, new idea of a cake stand (not). I know this idea has been done a million and one times, but I loved it and so I made one too. My pictures for this project have been in my camera for a long time because I do not want to be one of those bloggers who just repeats every darn thing that they see, but I have convinced myself that there will be times that I have an amazing idea, and sometimes where I will borrow another persons amazing idea. So. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!


I started out with one plate that I got at the dollar store:




I LOVED the detailing where the little bumps (such a scientific term, am I right?) were bordering all around the plate. I wanted to find more like that, but did not know where to turn. Luckily, the same day I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found another plate I also really liked (I love white on white) and was ready to go home and get my plate cake stand started.




That's right you  guys...a whopping .48 from BB&B, I wish there were more, I would have bought all of them! I just got a candle stick from my stash (what? You don't have a candle and  candle stick stash?). For some reason I think that the stores will stop selling what I like and start selling weird stuff that I don't like, so I like to stock up on things that I do like. Hopefully that makes sense. And it makes sense that I have mulitiples of the same makeup items too, right? Because they always get discontinued after I already fall in love with them.



SO. This is instant love when combined with this. And you get this:


I LOVED this project and loved that it only took me a dayish to make ;) Added plus: the pink rose petals. Yes, they are real. I loved this stand so much that I defaced pretty real flowers. That is love, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment